Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Basement....

(A short story .................kind of fiction or fantasy)

I left office that day very late...Me with my colleague started to walk down to the basement. I was just storing the numbers of my friends in the new nokia handset which I received yesterday..

I asked "Hey wat s Rijesh's number ?"

He said "9987034235"

"Ok"

While walking down to basement i asked him

"This has only some old and very common ring Nokia standard tone. You send me some nice to mine daa"

"But I also has the same old stuffs"

"Do you have the song of the film ‘Classmates’?"

"Yes"

"Send to me I need that one as ring tone"

"okie And u send me the photos you taken last week on the team outing"

I said "Oh yes.. i forgot to send you ..I will mail you tomorrow"

My bike and my friend's car was parked there on basement. Once we reached the basement we saw the floor of the basement was completely dark as if it was covered with tar or some odd smelling black paint.

One of the security guy told us

"Saar cars mathe two wheelers ella aakade ge shift madidini"

(Cars and two wheelers are shifted to other side )

We have to walk thru the black wet painted floor to reach near the vehicles. The car was looking so nice. A brand new Swift in blue color. While getting in to the car my friend said

"Coming Wednesday don’t forget .. my marriage.. you come to my room we will go together to Kannur* in my car..."

I said "O yes yes "..

He left..

I saw my bike parked there.. around 20 feet away from me... now the basement was deserted..

I can hear the sound of my breathing... i looked down my shoes was covered with black sticky paint...

My feet were sticking to the floor while walking... i can hear the sound of my steps....

First it appears that my bike is near to me...i started to walk fast but I realize that the bike is still away from me...I looked back I can see my foot mark on the paint...I am walking... Still it looks like every thing on the Basement was going away from me....My head started aching very much... My mobile rang. the ring tone was strange one that i ever heard ... it was sound of an infant's cry...First i got stunned and take out my mobile...the number was not a familiar one...the call got disconnected...

I started to walk again...I am feeling like some one is pulling me from earth to my shoes... i felt like i am being taken in to my shoes... For a moment all the images in front of me looked like negative images (like photo's negatives).The weight of my bag increased so heavily...i was falling down...All was white around me...

I am seeing the images of my parents...my childhood days. Images of my college life...and yesterdays cricket match between India and West Indies...and today’s team meting.. all images flashed in a second in front of me...

I tried to get up but i was not to do so... i was feeling like i am just floating ...now ..just started to float more higher... yes...i am flying... I just looked down...

I saw me lying down on that black floor. My face was more pale than usual. spectacles was laying near my head on the floor..... Bleeding from nose....my phone was ringing...the ring tone of a baby's cry...i just started to move more higher....I was experiencing the complete weightlessness and beyond gravitational force...

....................... This is the beginning.. (second part "Reincarnation")

3 comments:

Endless days said...

Good start. Way to goo!! All the best

Unknown said...

don know wat to say.. its a good start.. all the best..

അരുള്‍ ദാ‍സ് ദിവാ‍കരന്‍ said...

da...there are some unnecessary lines in the story......which will make it difficult to direct...so much editing will be required...anyway carry on......
we will look at it...at the last stage and do some changes...